Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two for the price of one!

Saturday we went to the area tournament, and while we were there we watched the blackbelts form Scota Karte and other schools compete. 

We watched two of our instructors compete, in the ring for over 40! It was spectacular. There were not a large number of competitors in that class, however what they lacked in numbers they made up in impressive skills.
the weapon demonstrations were particularly impressive. Both Miss Skully and Mr. Henderson use the bo staff and their demonstration for the judges was enough to let me know I don't want to be on the other end of an attack from either one of those two!

Mr. Henderson took the gold, and Miss Skully took the silver. In the other compettions they were divided male / female.  Everything that Mr Henderosn competed in he took a first place! I can only hope that my the time I'm 47 I'll be able to do the same!

Mr Henderson took the gold in sparring, as did Miss Skully. I got to see some of the younger blackblets demonstrating their skills, and again it was very impressive. 

I had been up all night the night before so we did not get to stay and watch the lower belts competition, though I'm sure it would have been awesome!

Tonight we went to class, and Master Scota informed us that he is not happy with the number of first places they brougt home refering to the fact that he felt that all in the forms we should have  some nive faink

No comments:

Post a Comment