Friday, May 29, 2009

Kee Cho Hyung Il Boo

Tonight in class we spent almost the whole class working on the first form, Kee Cho Hyung Il Boo.

Master Scota explains the visualizations with excellence. envision an enemy attacking you and block then attack, see another coming from behind, turn and block low then attack to the middle. Wait! there is a third opponent up the middle, hide your knuckles turn to your fighting stance and then Ahp Chagi three times and Ki Hap on the third kick.

It sounds easy enough when you describe it, but it gets wearing after a few times. no, Wearing is the wrong word weary is. I got weary doing it over and over. I do my best to do each movement with as much strength as possible. I want the movement to be as real as possible.

All the time trying to remember the proper width and length in my stance, the right place to punch from and to, which arm moves up and which over keeping my head on an even keel while moving, there is a LOT to remember. the fun part is that I'm only on the first form and there are 29 more...

I'll keep you apprised,

Jonathan
Cho Bo Ja

No comments:

Post a Comment